Mechanical Properties Tests
Mechanical Solid State Properties Testing across a wide range of Times and Environments
Intertek MSG performs mechanical properties testing for clients on a wide range of materials. Mechanical Properties Test Methods include deformation, fracture, adhesion, creep, fatique and much more. Contact Intertek MSG for more information on mechanical property tests.
- Tensile, Flexural, Compression, Shear, Biaxial, Indentation deformation testing. On all of the above - Modulus, Yield, Strain measurement by contacting and non-contacting extensometry.
- Strength, Puncture, Impact, Adhesive-Cohesive fracture tests. Under impact Standards, Charpy, IZOD, Instrumented high speed photography Ambient and non ambient.
Long term Properties:
- Fatigue, Creep, Creep rupture, Isochronous Thermal cycling. Under creep and creep rupture ambient, non-ambient, environment, UV.
Standard Mechanical Property Tests:
- ISO, ESIS and many test standards, including fracture mechanics.
- Adhesion tests include Peel, Climbing drum, floating roller, Mandrel, DCB, Lap shear, Blister tests.
Applications of Mechanical Property Determination
- The mechanical property expertise in MSG will help your material meet or exceed the required industry/customer standards
- Solving reasons for material or polymer failure in components
- Delivering understanding of client's materials for their new products or markets.
- Relating a materials property to structure and processing enables more efficient product development
- Bespoke measurements can cater for material selection, plant performance improvement or in unusual product applications.
- Intrinsic property determination for challenging materials (i.e. films, coatings, compliant systems)
The MSG advantage
- Beyond routine testing
- Experience of devising tests for numerous product forms (components, coatings, films, foams, fluids, lubricant, labels, electronic components, paint)
- Process simulation e.g. film drawing, thermoforming, coating forces
- Application science e.g peelability, deceleration testing, impact adsorption
- Linear elastic and elastic plastic fracture mechanics available ( K c, G c, J IC, W e)
- Specialists in novel and developmental techniques
- Impact speeds up to 20m/s.
- Highly developed instrumentation.
- Fast response
- Complementary physical and chemical analysis with other teams in MSG. A complete Materials Science service.
- Consultancy and project management
Advice is available, so make the call +44 (0) 1642 435788 or email MSGenquiry@intertek.com
© 2011 Intertek Group plc - Legal Disclaimers
Registered in England No. 4267576 Registered Office: 25 Savile Row, London W1S 2ES