Naming and IUPAC
Naming structures to IUPAC standards can be difficult and fraught with potential pitfalls. Usually naming of non-trivial complex structures will need an expert Chemist and can take a relatively long time.
Naming a particular compound or compounds is extremely important whether it is for a company report, inventory list or for patent submission. So would it not be good to have access to a software based solution which can name structure or structures within seconds and better still conform to IUPAC nomenclature convention. Intertek MSG can provide such as service using the ACD NAME software.
Intertek MSG can provide such as service using the ACD Name software we are currently using version 12. ACD Name is a sophisticated piece of software which can:
- Generate systematic names according to IUPAC recommendations from structures
- Assign stereodescriptors and numbering to atoms
- Import chemical structures from MDL SDfiles and automatically name them
- Export structures and names to MDL SDfiles
- Create InChI identifiers, generate structures from InChI labels, and interpret SMILES
Currently we offer structure to name facility that is you supply the structure for subsequent direct import into ACD NAME. The structure with its IUPAC name is reported as a word /excel document ready to be pasted into the relevant document. We request you send your structure(s) as a chemsketch document ,MDL, Chemdraw chm or cdx.
Advice is available, so make the call +44 (0) 1642 435788 or email MSGenquiry@intertek.com